About Kamui Whisky K.K.:
We are an independent craft whisky distillery on a remote, frozen, volcanic island in the most northern part of Japan. Our vision is to make a sublime, unique whisky which tells the story of Rishiri globally to all who drink it. To do this we want to craft a strong culture, a strong team focused on living our values through our work.
- Multicultural environment
- Assist in all stages of Whisky distillation process including mashing, fermenting, and distilling spirits, as well as bottling, labeling, and packaging finished products
- Work to assist the development of extremely high quality whisky flavours
- Hauling, carrying, setting up whisky related ingredients and equipment
- Clean and rinse equipment used for the production of whisky
- Assist in filling, weighing, gauging, labeling, and placement of barrels
- Driving to pick up ingredients and equipment
- Problem solver, resilient and open to new approaches.
- Willingness to live and work in a remote island in Japan’s far North for 9 - 10 months a year
- Driver’s license
- Ability to work with a startup mindset: value action over correctness, results over process
- Physical stamina to handle heavy loads repeatedly, and work on your feet for long periods
- Desire to make sublime, high quality craft whisky
- Able to work in an cooperative environment
- Kinds hearted
- Belief and desire to work within our Kamui Whisky values:
- College degree
- Prior distillation experience
- good English
- Multicultural and friendly environment
- Start-up like atmosphere
- 3 months a year off, no active work, no need to be on island, but still receive a full salary.
- Housing support
- Generous paid holiday program
- Chance to learn at the elbow of excellent distillers, and begin a future career that can lead to global recognition and chances.